1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is ABE just for american players ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nono, Jan 23, 2018.

1. nono

nono Hatchling

Don't you think that Rovio sometimes should open the winbow to see if there is another world living out of american "culture" ????

A special bird for the 4th of july : Mister Freedom
    A spécial Bird for thanksgiving : Cold turkey
    A special bird for the super bowl

And Halloween Eddie....and Santa Claus...and Murphy the policeman.....

Please think to Asian, african or european players and people !!!

FFirecracker likes this.
  2. PolarBearCabal

PolarBearCabal Tiny Birdy

To be fair, the last event bird was Ded Moroz, which is Russian.

Polen likes this.
  3. nono

nono Hatchling

I did't know it was russian ! thanks for the information
    But he is the exception. I think it could be nice to have special events from over the world

esor, PolarBearCabal and Annie14 like this.
  4. Riedgu

Riedgu Super Cool Bird

Fire rooster was for Chinese New year, just it was last year

And if you want other kind of special events - find Asian sponsors to sponsor these kind of events. It would be nice :)

Polen likes this.
  5. nono

nono Hatchling

Thousands of non american people are sponsors of this game by spending money to buy gems or gold or whatever....should be enough to be considered as being nice !

6. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Any excuse to have a new bird or meaningful new content I’m in favor of

I would agree that ABE and most similar games are focused more toward the USA/Canada and European audiences

It would not bother me if there were Asian, African and Latin American themed events

But do understand that the research department is not researching world events to use as events. Take what is obvious and marketable and go with it. Thus thanksgiving, Christmas and the super bowl. Surprised about the super bowl but good enough excuse as any at this time of the year

PolarBearCabal likes this.
  7. nono

nono Hatchling

I can agree for christmas....or Halloween. these are world known.

80 % of earth population have never heard about thanksgiving or super bowl ! and 4 th of july means just summer or winter depending on where you are living... Every country has a national day but only one has his event and bird.

I like every new event, it brings fun !
    I can understand that one of these events is developed toward american people. It means a lot of players.

But not all those one in a almost a row !

Not such a big problem anyway. Take care and have fun !

8. Desert Song

Desert Song Super Cool Bird

It is strange that this discussion has gone this far without it being mentioned that Rovio is not a American company.

Riedgu likes this.
  9. Riedgu

Riedgu Super Cool Bird

But their target audience could be American, so is the content.

They have a vision and don't have to include sacred Indian cows or whatever culture is aware of.

If you don't like that - search for a better suited game (reply to the author)

10. Gatorops

Gatorops Super Cool Bird

Agreed. I played a game that was originally Russian and later Lithuania or Latvia and they had a thanksgiving and Halloween events to because either the target customers were American or probably that the knowledge of American holidays are more common around the world than most other nations