1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preview on Patch 1.10 - XP Totems replacing Shiny Totems

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by TheBeardyBirdy, Jul 28, 2017.

1. TheBeardyBirdy

TheBeardyBirdy Moderator Staff Member

Sure shining is nice, but it's all about those XP levels, flockers! The XP Totem is a shot in the wing for your beloved birds, so you can look forward to Patch 1.10 when we'll replace Shiny Totems with XP totems while you still can get shiny birds in the hatchery. Love it, or let us know how u feel about this change in the comments!

XP_Totem_SM.jpg

Surendra, Konrad1502, Loox and 5 others like this.
  2. enthusiasts

enthusiasts Super Cool Bird

players would be curious on how much xp will it be injected compare to a normal shiny bird itself

3. ryz

ryz Tiny Birdy Staff Member

This entirely depends on the color/level/evolution of the shiny bird in question :)

Diablo and enthusiasts like this.
  4. enthusiasts

another brainstorming session :D

5. gmoney

gmoney Super Cool Bird

Sounds like a nice idea, but it would all be based on the amount of xp (whether it is worth it). Can we still trade them for gold?

Can we get some other previews :)

Bridget likes this.
  6. zbot

zbot Hatchling

Will shiny birds I currently have change to xp birds?

7. gmoney

gmoney Super Cool Bird

They said they are just replacing the totems that make the birds shiny. So your birds won't change and you can still get Shiny birds after the update.

TheBeardyBirdy likes this.
  8. IncognitoPig

IncognitoPig Tiny Birdy

Will this be the only thing changing?
    Maybe increase the item limit?
    Anyways I'm so lucky today I got dr probotnik from a single ticket at 10x and I got another ticket and got a Cyril out of it!

Nevermore, Diablo, Giovanni and 2 others like this.
  9. TheBeardyBirdy

TheBeardyBirdy Moderator Staff Member

There's more change afoot. Stay tuned for some more announcements.
    Congrats on your hatchery success, sounds like you have a kick-ass team!

Diablo and IncognitoPig like this.
  10. enthusiasts

interesting...

11. HeroBird

HeroBird Super Cool Bird

Still waiting for new levels aka Piggy Island :)

Mommabird2 likes this.
  12. Jeuman

Jeuman Super Cool Bird

Nice, looking forward to seing changes =)

13. kxjohnston

kxjohnston Tiny Birdy

How will it work? Do you put the new XP totem on the bird you want to level up like fusing another bird? Could you explain the change a bit more? When is the patch being released?

14. ryz

ryz Tiny Birdy Staff Member

If it's "worth" depends on what you compare it with. a 1-star/level 1 bird? certainly. A 5-star level 100 bird? no way.

You can still sell them for gold.

Nope! But all of your shiny TOTEMS will change to xp totems. So use them now if you still want to make any of your birds shiny!

Yes, exactly - just drag the totem into the bird you want to level up and its "fused" into it directly - just as if you would use a normal bird.

Can't comment on the release date though.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    Diablo and Giovanni like this.
  15. gmoney

gmoney Super Cool Bird

How would you compare them to a Level 20 evolved 1 star shiny bird? :)

Onlong and Night like this.
  16. Carlito Cherrone

Carlito Cherrone Tiny Birdy

Has anyone ever received a 4* or 5* shiny, at hatch?

Also, how will it work?

1) each totem has a fixed amount of xp, or will totems vary with different amounts.

2) Does it activate a xp boost to the bird its infused in, maybe, for a certain amount of time?

As of right now, i havent made my mind up about how I feel about this.... if it is only a fixed "small amount" of xp, how does this improve our quality of gameplay. If that is how it will work it just makes the case of purchasing/hatchery dependancy stronger as we would lose out on greater xp gains with the shiny birds and have to be dependent on our little buddy holding that "SALE" sign in the town to get more tickets to have a roll at a shiny.

I think we all could use a little clarification on how they would work exactly, numbers and such!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
  17. Diablo

Diablo Tiny Birdy

Like the idea. Can't wait to see what is ahead!

18. DreamerZ

DreamerZ Hatchling

sounds good if this xp totem allows direct increase of level to the next level regardless of current bird level.
    Example, at level 41, one xp totem to go to level 42. Similarly at level 75, one xp totem to go level 76

Onlong, Diablo and Giovanni like this.
  19. Giovanni

Giovanni Super Cool Bird

Would be awesome that way.

Diablo likes this.
  20. Angrybirds111

Angrybirds111 Tiny Birdy

When's the update?