1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rovio will have to disclose odds on receiving birds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tabby, Dec 22, 2017.

1. Tabby

Tabby Hatchling

Hi all,

As some of you may or may not know, apple now requires apps to disclose odds of receiving in game prizes if they can be purchased with money.

See this article for more info:
    https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/21/16805392/loot-box-odds-rules-apple-app-store

I emailed in game support and here is my ticket and their reply (see attached screen shots)

They basically said that they are looking into providing odds for hatching eggs in future update.

Should be interesting! What do you guys think?

Attached Files:

2. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

Oh boy! This'll be interesting.

I'm willing to bet they'll lie about these odds.

3. DaggettBeaver

DaggettBeaver Hatchling

That's absolutely overdue and i'm sad that it had come down to Apple enforcing it, instead of goverments.

Stuff like that has to be part of the gambling laws in the European Union, but sadly, it will take some more years until that matter gets to those usually very old politicians who simply have no clue about micro-transactions in mobile games... we need a lot more regulations here and i can imagine that Apples move is due to some countries (funny enough, it's China who is pressing that matter...) pushing it at the moment, so Apple wants to preemptively do that work to not get pressed into fast shots later...