1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best strategy to level up 4&5 stars birds?

Discussion in 'Strategies & Guides' started by Matticus, Jun 17, 2017.

1. Matticus

Matticus Hatchling

What is your experience and what do you think is the strategy with the best XP/coins ratio?

I really don't know what is best but what I've been doing is leveling up 2 or 3 stars shiny birds of the desired colour to level 20, evolve them and use them to level up my 4-5 stars birds on Thursdays when XP is doubled.

Then for the prestige levels it's super important to use them on Thursdays as well as they are limited and you need so much gold.

Last Thursday I leveled up birds and used prestige totems thinking it was the end of daily bonuses but now it looks like they are back...what a waste! I'm not so fan of these xp thursdays actually as it "lags" (slow down) the game quite much if you want to wait for them to optimize...but this is another story!

2. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

My best bet for levelling up 4-5 star birds is get a shiny 3 star bird at their second evolution. The big XP gap between first and second evolution is large, and I dunno why. It's always been like that, mainly because you used materials.

Matticus likes this.
  3. Matticus

Matticus Hatchling

Ok great! So do you mean when they are level 20 or 40?

4. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

For the 3 star birds, the most source of XP is after they've reached their second evolution.
    They will emit a ton of XP after, so it's even better if you get the same colour bird.

5. Matticus

Matticus Hatchling

Yes I get that I just don't know if by "second evolution" you mean after level 20 or 40. But doesn't matter :)

Buds likes this.
  6. Buds

Buds Super Cool Bird

After level 20. I mean, after level 40 must give even more XP, and I'm assuming level 60 will give crazy XP.

TurtleMafia likes this.
  7. TurtleMafia

TurtleMafia Super Cool Bird

Awesome, this is the exact information I was looking for. Thanks Buds!

I'm waiting for Thursday to try this out. From your personal experience, has one level 20 evolved 3* bird been enough to get a 5* level 20 evolved bird to level 40? I want to get my Red to level 40 without putting in excess experience past its level cap, but I want to prepare before this Thursday arrives. So far I have one evolved level 20 2* and 3* in stock. Working on a second 3* evolution.

8. Giovanni

Giovanni Super Cool Bird

Just recently watched this video on Youtube. It's the BEST strategy in my opinion. Stock up and wait for x2 xp and level up like crazy.

at 4:25 you'll see how many levels you'll go up.

E X C L U S I V E likes this.
  9. gmoney

gmoney Super Cool Bird

I am the one he is talking about in the video, I am sure most of the folks that have been around knew about it for a while, but I discovered it for myself during the Red event and shared with the clan, then he made that lol.

Keep in mind that the one he showed at 4:25 probably would have leveled up more, but it was going to hit the cap of 40

Giovanni likes this.
  10. Garymon

Garymon Hatchling

I just got my first 5*. For levels 1-20 is it better to just feed him single birds or to use an evolved 1*,2*, or 3*. I get that after he is 20 the proxy birds are the way to go but the guides are vague about the first 20.

Thank you.

11. Angrybirds111

Angrybirds111 Tiny Birdy

Still slightly cheaper to use a 1star shiny on double so day

Garymon likes this.
  12. Garymon

Garymon Hatchling

Thank you. That's what I thought.

13. Bridget

Bridget Super Cool Bird

The only 3* I level up to 20 are shiny otherwise they are feed to shiny 1 or 2. It is cheaper in the long run. I only level 4 and 5 past lvl 20 on double XP days. FYI a 1* shiny will level a 5* from 1 to 20.

14. Brutal

Brutal Hatchling

You level up 3* shiny birds and evolve them once?

15. Bridget

Bridget Super Cool Bird

Yup to 20 evo and feed. I am not wasting evo mats and gold to go any further. In the long run 1* and 2* are more cost effective. But that is my opinion.

Edited to add this. Even the guide suggests it
    Capture.JPG

Brutal likes this.
  16. Dr. Possible

Dr. Possible Super Cool Bird

For five star birds, from levels 1-20, just feed regular birds and you'll make it. For levels 21-40 (or maybe even 60), evolve your shiny one or two star birds than feed it to him on Color day. After level 60, this starts taking too long also. If you have a four star bird you aren't using, level your four-star bird up to level 51 (also via the above method), then feed it to your five star bird. Something about level 51 that just gives tons more xp. Level 50 Kowalski gave my Byron 2 levels on Color day, where level 51 Kowalski gave my Byron 10 levels. Level 51 four star birds are DEFINITELY the way to go. My Byron leveled up from level 80 to 100 instantly on Color day with two 4-star black birds at level 51, no less. (Level 50 won't work)

Garymon, moko and Dunkleys like this.
  17. Dan1212

Dan1212 Tiny Birdy

I pretty much use whatever shinys i have for that color, whether its 1 2 or 3 star shineys.. They are still more cost effective than not using shineys.

For level 1-20 on a five star bird.. Make sure to not over-commit.. The best is probably a 1 star shiney to get that first level 1 to 20.. Or just pay manually for each upgrade till 20..
    Then after that , feed it only the 1 to 2 star shineys.. Once it reaches level 40.. Now you can start feeding it 3 star shiny if you have run out of other shineys. Ideally your preference is to use 1 star and 2 star shiney birds.. The 3 star shiney birds are a last resort because they are at least better than no shiney at all.

For what dr. possible said, I wouldn't recommend fusing your 4 stars into your 5 stars unless you know that you have the dungeon teams required for at least hard difficulty. You might get faster levels but would take sooooo much longer to get the required essence to evolve its not worth it.

Garymon likes this.